Our mission is to assist organisations to implement evidence-based strategies, using a knowledge base of effective chronic disease prevention.
We seek to:
- Generate new knowledge to optimise strategies to improve health outcomes;
- Develop translation resources based on evidence-based, optimised prevention strategies;
- Promote effective transfer of research outcomes into health policy and practice;
- Develop the health and medical research workforce by providing opportunities to advance the training of new researchers and;
- Facilitate collaboration between researchers and health practitioners, educators and related organisations.
In collaboration with our partners, NCOIS works towards closing the gap between evidence and practice in chronic disease prevention.